Private native forestry
Private Native Forestry is the sustainable management of native forests on private property for timber production. This can include harvesting of timber for a variety of products including flooring, construction timber, power poles, furniture and firewood.
Local Land Services are responsible for Private Native Forestry advice and approvals. Compliance is managed by the NSW Environment Protection Agency (EPA).
Local Land Services are currently undertaking a comprehensive review of Private Native Forestry. The first round of submissions have been collected and are being reviewed. There will be further opportunity for public comment in coming months. You can find out more about the scope of the review here.
Find out more about private native forestry
- Getting started in Private Native Forestry
- Case Studies of Private Native Forestry
- Private Native Forestry Code of Practice
- Private Native Forestry Plans and Forest Operation Plans
- Apply for an assessment of old growth forest and rainforest on your land
- Annual Reporting
- Allowable activities for private native forestry
- Private Native Forestry officer contacts
- Private Native Forestry Review